CKGS Services: https://www.in.ckgs.us/
Miscellaneous Service Rendered By Consulate: https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/Miscellaneous
TWO advantages of going to local VISA camp (Just in case, You guys might’ve be thinking what is the advantage of coming to VISA camp if I have to do everything online including fees and shipping...!!!)
1. Once you send the filled forms to CKGS they will scrutinize all the documents then send it to Embassy then >> Embassy will do another round of scrutiny then >> Approve the application >> then CKGS gets the approved documents then> they will send you the documents..!! By coming to VISA camp , visa officers will “pre-approve” the application.. which means CKGS doesn’t have to send them to Embassy again for approval, which in turn may cut down the processing time to possibly “HALF”.
2. Imagine if you are missing a document, coming to visa camp will help you identify right away which will avoid doubling the processing time (because they have to reach you and you have to send them again) in this case you will fix it before sending, will also help in “peace of mind”...!!!
At the Camp, the Consulate will be providing the following services directly to the applicants:
1. Attestation of Power of Attorney (Fee: USD 22 may be paid through money order/cashiers’ cheque in favor of Consulate General of India, New York)
2. Attestation of Life Certificates (Fee: USD 2 may be paid through money order/cashiers’ cheque in favor of Consulate General of India, New York). Life Certificate will be attested on the spot if the applicant has the life certificate forwarded by the Pension authorities. In case of issue of Life Certificate by the Consulate, the application will be accepted but the certificate will be issued later by the Consulate.
3. Attestation of other documents like Passports/driving licenses etc.(Fee: USD 12 may be paid by money order/cashiers’ cheque in favor of Consulate General of India, New York).
4. Acceptance/examination/issue of Renunciation Certificate/Declaration. Fees for renunciation are $ 178 for Naturalization post June 1st 2010 and $28 for Naturalization prior to June 1st, 2010. Penalty payment in case of late surrender of Passports will also be applicable.
5. Accept and scrutinize requests for Certificates like Birth Certificates/Marriage certificate/Police Clearance Certificates etc. . (Fee: For Birth certificate/Marriage certificate is USD 27 and for Police Clearance Certificates USD 27 (if the current passport is issued from the New York Consulate) and USD 40 (if the current passport is issued elsewhere).
While services mentioned at S.Nos 1 to 4 will be rendered at the Camp, the applications for the services mentioned at S. No. 5 will be accepted by the Camp officials and brought back to the Consulate in New York for the Certificate to be sent back to the applicant through Post. The applicant can either pay an additional fee of USD 25 for return mailing or provide pre-paid envelope.
Apart from the above, the Camp will also pre-approve applications lodged/supporting documents for applications to be lodged with CKGS for OCI/Indian Passports/Visas. Indian Passport holders/US Passport holders are in the process of applying for Indian Passports/Visa/OCI Cards may come to the venue of the Camp and get their applications/supporting documents pre-approved before submitting to CKGS. Applications with all supporting documents would be examined at the Facilitation Camp and approved for submission to CKGS. It needs to be reiterated to the community that applications should be complete in terms of documentation required so that the process of pre-approval could be quicker.
Folks Visiting VISA Camp on 10/19/2019, please note some General Information:
Location: Sri Sai Baba Temple, Lewis Center OH
Timings: 1 - 5 PM EST
Parking: Please Park at designated parking spots at Temple; we will have enough parking for everyone.
Nursing Room: For New Moms there will be nursing room provided by Temple
Tokens: Tokens will be provide only to the applicants that can fill in the valid registration details
Notary Service: There will be notary service available at the temple (starts 1:30PM) for nominal fee (goes to a Charity Organization)
Printing Service: There is "NO Printing Service" available at temple
Note: Please maintain the discipline and cleanliness at the temple and please be cognizant about the facility.
Federation of India Associations & Sai Temple hold the privilege to take the final decision about providing service to any Applicant (in any situation)